Monday, February 28, 2011

College... Already???

WARNING: Post might cause tears, keep the kleenex close by... Just sayin..


Hard to believe that tomorrow I will turn in our baby's college admission application at Wallace. I'm so not ready for this. But are any of us mothers who have to go through this? I guess this is part of the "letting go" process that we must go through. But it just seems so early. She's 17. I've held this little girl for 11 years and called her my own. And now I will watch her receive her diploma in May and go on to fulfill her dreams. I have so many mixed feelings. Happy for her. Sad because she's growing up so fast. But I know that she will do just fine because she serves a great and awesome God and he will help her through it all.
I love this little girl with all my heart. She's grown into a beautiful young lady with so many hopes and dreams and I want her to reach them all. She has had a really rough year this year. But I have watched her come out on top of it all. In the midst of adversity she has prevailed and it is all because she kept her head up and trusted the Lord to help her through. Of course this mama had to come to her defense a time or two. And that will never change. We stick beside our kids. I'm so very proud of her. And I always want her to know how special she is to me and how much I love her. I heard a song on the radio a few weeks ago and I told her that was my song to her. Rascal Flatts "I won't let go". It is exactly what I want to say to her
when she feels her world is falling apart.
I am so thankful that the Lord gave me this awesome opportunity. She has given me such joy(and pain at times but more joy). I dedicate this post to you, my sweet daughter, Ashley. Mama loves you so much and you have made me and your daddy very proud.




No comments:

Post a Comment