Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I birthed a Miracle

Children are a miracle from God. And I have 4 of them to proove it. But 1 in particular is truly a life that was given a chance when noone thought he would make it. The Lord thought different than everyone else. You see, My Brandon is 14 years old and his life started out a little rough. Born June 23rd 1996, he was 11 weeks early. I developed Pre eclampsia in my 29th week and was rushed to Birmingham to deliver. Its very scary to get off an elevator and have a team of nurses/doctors waiting for you to arrive. He was born early in the morning and weighed in at only 1lb 6 oz. and 12 1/2 inches long.  No I didnt leave out a number. I meant ONE POUND SIX OZ. Unbelievable I know. He was in the hospital for 3 months.And that was the hardest 3 months of my life. We didnt even get to hold him until he was a month old. And even though the time went by very slowly, on September 5th, we brought him home. And thus began our journey...
We put our faith in the Lord and refused any negative. And here we are 14 years later, and Brandon Wesley is a handsome young man with NO medical problems. Now thats a miracle!!! Some people ask, "Why would you even try to have anymore children after going through that?".. My answer: I don't give up!! I serve a God and believed for a healthy pregnancy and thats exactly what I had 2 times after that with Emileigh and Hannah. Hannah of course being our little surprise!
My point is that our God is a God of miracles. And on June 23rd, my son will turn 15 and will be in the 10th grade this coming school year. Awesome!!
So for those of you who had perfect pregnancies and healthy babies... thank the Lord above. Having a preemie is heartbreaking and very scary.
Below is a picture of my miracle.... Then and Now:

From this:
June 23rd 1996 his first day in the world



To this!!!
Brandon at 14. I love you son!!















No comments:

Post a Comment