Monday, December 31, 2012

A year of Miracles

Oh yeah its here!!! My year. My happiness. My answered prayers. As I look back on 2012 I have to thank the Lord it ends tomorrow. I am so excited for the new year that begins in two days. I am excited because I know God has something so powerful and so miraculous for me and for my family. From Jerry and I right down to each of our 4 children- Ashley, Brandon, Emileigh, and Hannah.

Have you ever believed for something so bad that your heart gets excited at every encouraging word spoken to you about your situation? Thats how I feel. I am in awe at how many prayer warriors have stood with me over the past months and helped me with all the encouraging words. Some days when I just didnt think I would make it God would send someone with a word that would give me the slightest bit of hope and I would then realize that Yes I could make it another day. I have really never experienced anything like I did this year. There were days that I thought my world was crashing around me. There were days when I just really could not see the light at the end of the tunnel. But I tell you now I do see the light and things ARE getting better in Jesus name!

If i could describe 2012 in one word the word I would choose would be 'unreal'. Why 'unreal' you ask? Well mainly because what this family has been through is definitely unreal! Never has my heart hurt like it has this year never has a marraige been tried like it was this year. And only because what we went through was a pure battle that tested us on every level. We stood together in prayer though. Never has this family been so torn apart by angry words and hateful actions like it has this year. I say all that to say this - 2012 was not our year But it happened and we will now move on and forget it as the past. Moving forward to better days. How? By putting our faith in the Lord and his promise to us of opened eyes and hearts drawn back to him. And one thing I know about my God- he ALWAYS keeps his promises!

So as I leave 2012 behind, I will take with me only the remembrance that my trials will be for his glory and my battle will be won. As Pastor Bobby told me today - I dont have to worry about when--- I just need to know its coming. My answered prayer is coming.

So welcome to the Wells house 2013. Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment